Tuesday 13 July 2010

Lab update

I have taken delivery of an AIR-WLC4402-12-K9 from my great freind George Stafanck. This will allow me to get a lot more practice with senarios using the later code versions, my existing controller is an AIR-WLC2006-K9 which will not run later codes.

The main advantage of the 4402 is being able to setup guest access in a DMZ which I could never test with the 2006. Obviously there is additional functionality from the later codes.

I still want to add another controller but that will probably be a 2106 or a newer variant thereof if one is released soon, however the code would not be downgradeable to 4.2 which is the CCIE Wireless code.

Its very much a can of worms as there is a strong rumour that the CCIE Wireless will change next year which will mean a code change so its difficult to know what to add.

Anyway thats a brief update, however I am extremely busy at work at the present time so do not have a great deal of time to lab but will hope to get some time this weekend to test a few things out.

I need to start running scenrios more with Windows 2008 and take a serious look at ACS 5.1 as apparently its very different. Always a challenge I guess.

I will post a few lab pics later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment